Have the events of the last few years made you more anxious? If so, you’re not alone. Anxiety + Stress aren’t weaknesses. Rather, they are indicators of some of the important changes we must make. We can work with anxiety using simple, timeless methods that take us back to our breath, and back into our hearts.
Our return guest Lodro Rinzler reached out about his new book at exactly the right moment. We are grappling with more uncertainty and anxiety than ever before. Lodro’s gift is to apply the practical simplicity of ancient Buddhist teachings in just about any modern context.
In our conversation, you will learn:
1. How to find “compassion in a dumpster fire”
2. Simple practices for taking back your mind when it wants to run and hide.
3. The series of events that led to writing his latest book.
4. Why this is the book that he, and so many of his students and friends needed at this time.
5. How the book pays it forward by donating 100% of the proceeds to a great cause supporting young women.
In his new book, Take Back Your Mind— Buddhist Advice For Anxious Times, 6-time author, MNDFL founder, and meditation teacher Lodro Rinzler lays out a practical path of working with our anxiety. The book is available everywhere on February 9th, 2021.
Read an excerpt of Lodro’s brand new book on Amazon:
ABOUT OUR GUEST
Lodro Rinzler is a Buddhist meditation practitioner and teacher. He took refuge in the Buddhist tradition around the age of 6, and considered monastic vows as a teenager, before choosing to stick it out in our noisy world as a teacher.
After leaving college, he was recruited to lead one of Boston’s largest meditation centers. Around this time he began leading numerous workshops throughout the United States, and to date has taught meditation at locations as diverse as Google, Harvard, and the Obama White House.
In 2015, he founded MNDFL (spelled capitol MNDFL), which is NYC’s premier drop-in meditation studio. Over the last couple years MNDFL has expanded into three studios, an online portal of teachings, and a non-profit arm which brings meditation into the education system.
It has recently been named the “best place to meditate” by New York Magazine.
Lodro is the author of six books including the best-selling “The Buddha Walks into a Bar…”, Walk Like a Buddha, The Buddha Walks into the Office…, Sit Like a Buddha, How to Love Yourself (And Sometimes Other People) and Love Hurts: Buddhist Advice for the Heartbroken.
His books translate Buddhist meditation principles for modern times, and have been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, and on CBS, FOX, and NBC News.
Connect with Lodro here:
SHOW NOTES + RESOURCES
- NEW BOOK: Take Back Your Mind: Buddhist Advice for Anxious Times
by Lodro Rinzler| Amazon
- MNDFL Meditation Studio | Class Schedules: New York City
- VOGUE article: Introducing Manhattan’s Must-Visit Meditation Studio
- NY TIMES: So, you think you can meditate? (MNDFL)
- MNDFL Meditation Teacher Training Program
- Susan Piver Interview: “Trying to Impress Susan Piver” story
HEAR MORE, SUBSCRIBE!
Incredible leaders + creators, how they live, and how they contribute to the world we deserve. Our show explores 3 powerful permissions with guests and listeners: Permission to Chill, Permission to Feel All the Feels, and Permission to Glow in the Dark.
Emceed by yogi, Dad, and executive coach KC (Kristoffer Carter). Learn more: thisepiclife.com
Access all of our episodes:
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher