How do you get the most out of a team, or organization? Team dynamics and business culture can be a fluffy subject, but not for a seasoned HR exec in NYC’s tech industry. This conversation is a must for every passionate organizational, or culture designer.
Deb Josephs is a Chief People Officer who has helped shepherd massive business, and organizational growth over her 25+ year career. Just a couple months into her new role with NCC Media, we sat down for a candid conversation on leading culture change, ways to elevate emotional intelligence (EQ), and how to properly align compensation, and manager development to drive business performance.
Deb is one of 4 female executives on NCC’s 8-person leadership team, which has recently been redesigned by their new CEO Nicolle Pangis. Deb and I also spend time on Diversity & Inclusion, if metrosexual fashion is an indicator of high EQ, and how to best support organizations as an outside coach or consultant.
Deb is one of those people who drops so much wisdom, that I wish I could record our conversations to share with other leaders. This time, I can! Her experience is vast, and her strategies are proven, practical, and actionable. As you’ll hear in this conversation, Deb has led more organizational change in the first few months of her new role than many HR leaders will face in their career.
About Our Guest
Connect with Deb here:
SHOW NOTES + RESOURCES
- Primed to Perform: How to Build the Highest Performing
Cultures Through the Science of Total Motivation (2015) – Amazon
- Lindsay MacGregor and Neel Doshi – authors of Primed to Perform. Vega Factor.
- About the science of Total Motivation. Authors present to Google.
- Survey assessment – Measure your Total Motivation, or your Team…
- NCC CEO Nicolle Pangis, discusses NCC’s programmatic strategy, and the history of NCC Media.
- Yonkers Tourism Video – Culture + Recruitment video for IAC Applications (KC’s team produced).
- Video Recap: Camp Good Life Project, created by Jonathan and Stephanie Fields.
- KC’s recap post of emceeing Camp GLP for 5 Years.