Download the 2017 Culture Trends “Org Magnets” deck.
(90 MB / High-Res PDF)
Inspired Culture by Stage of
The Employee Lifecycle
Potential help: I could tie the core values (and ideally a clear mission) to external +
internal/recruitment branding. From focus grouping to exec alignment, crafting,
scripting, producing, and internal rollout
- InfusionSoft – Excellent Culture page with a powerful video around their values in action. Love the descriptors of their values.
- Cisco Systems – 2 women employees in Europe led the “People Deal Manifesto” project and the entire org adopted it. The video is cool (scroll down) because it’s their manifesto line by line, delivered by a diverse global workforce.
- Chicago start-up Snapsheet. – Dig their Core Values simplicity, clarity, + layout
Potential help: Packaging an Other-Level employee handbook similar to the Valve example.
Something so cool all current employees would actually read…
- Ask Applications (NYSE: IAC) recently had me overhaul and launch all new Mission + Values. You can view these in the deck above, or below.
- Typeform uses their own tool to kick off + simplify the on-boarding process. TRY IT. Love how user-friendly it is. I created launch checklists for Centro sellers, and eventually expanded for all Centro on-boarding.
- Valve Software. Holy KICKASS Employee Handbook. Design, humor, and crazy transparent what to expect. Inspiring!
My passion is supporting education + development.
My strengths are in facilitation, curriculum design + adult learning.
- I’m currently running a 12-month MGR DEV program for a client in Ohio. We created a custom curriculum that aligns to their new mission + values, and drives core leadership traits (behaviors). Content focus is on Managers as Coach, Feedback, driving change and change mgmt.
- 50% of my client base are 1:1 exec coaching clients.
- The Mindful Culture™ program solidifies a daily meditation practice within 30 days.
- Alongside organizations I run 30-Day No Booze and 30-Day Meditation challenges.
- January 2017 LinkedIn article: Happy Companies Aren’t Enough (We need more meaning)
- Although this overlaps in the other buckets, in my research + experience, retention is a function of strong manager training.
“People don’t quit bad jobs, they quit bad managers”
- If you’re doing the first 3 well (attract, onboard, develop), retention should be strong.
Primed to Perform: How to Build the Highest Performing
Cultures Through the Science of Total Motivation (2015) – Amazon
The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More &
Change the Way You Lead Forever (2016) – Amazon