Hello! I’m so excited you’ve made this commitment to your well-being for the next 30 days. I’m Kristoffer Carter (everyone calls me KC). I’ll be your emcee, teacher, and coach. You can find my bio here.
SIMPLE RULES FOR
THE 30-DAY CHALLENGE
1. Goals for the 30 days:
- Meditate for a minimum of 5 min per day for the first 10 days.
- Then 10 minutes for days 11-20.
- Then 15 min per day for days 21-30
5-10 Minutes per day, minimum. 15 is better. If you already have a practice, I invite you to increase your time investment by 25% per day.
You’ll hear me say this about 1,000 times: Meditation practice is ALL about consistency, not duration. For those of us who have the consistency down, there’s always ways to lengthen and deepen our practice.
What is crucial is that for however long you’re able to commit every day, you must sit your butt down and do the work. The consistency over the next 30 days is what will forge, or deepen your habit. And yes, I’ll be doing it right alongside you. I typically meditate 60 min every morning, and will be adding 30 min evening meditations this month.
Try not to be so rushed. Don’t just jump up the second your ending bell goes off. Try your best to linger on a minute or two. The monks whom I counsel with on my own practice tell me this is where your consciousness actually expands! You want to savor the benefits of the work you just did, and bask in a little gratitude.
Be patient with yourself. The whole goal is to discover how long you’re able to sit in silence with yourself. That’s easier said than done on many days. Just relax, and trust the process. Keep showing up, no matter what.
KICK-OFF CALL REPLAY
All content © 2018 Kristoffer Carter
LET’S GET YOU READY…
1. Find your quiet place. Plan the next 30 and beyond. Create (or find) a quiet, sacred place to sit comfortably. Create an altar, or a collection of things that inspire you. Make sure you have a comfy, yet firm chair or a few cushions. Perhaps a light blanket if it gets chilly.
If you’re a regular traveler (like me), throw a travel pack of some photos, or an extra set of beads in your favorite suitcase. Something small that reminds you to meditate wherever you are. Don’t pack candles. They’ll hold you up at TSA and hotels aren’t cool with open flame. 😉
2. Join the Facebook Group if you haven’t yet. This is where I’ll offer encouragement & support, as well as make announcements for any meet-ups.
3. Grab the Insight Timer App. It’s available on iOS (iPhone) and Android for free! It used to be $2.99 which is still well worth it. Nah, I’m not trying to sell any apps. In fact, I generally don’t recommend using apps to replace meditation.
4. Access, and download a couple (free) guided meditations to help get you started.
5. (Optional) Register for for my Meditation Fundamentals Course. Just $19.
Learn more here.
Insight Timer works great in tracking your progress, and you can also see your fellow community members meditating and support one another. I host a group in the app called ThisEpicLife – The Pause.
You’ll also have access to my free, growing library of guided meditations within the app. Simply search by teacher for Kristoffer Carter.
Should you be anti-app, you can also access my guided meditations here on my site. 🙂
* * * * *
Well, that about covers it for now! You’ll start receiving your daily inspirations, prompts, and tips immediately, with the next day following 24 hours behind.
Until then, you can find me hanging out in the Facebook Group.
I’d love to hear from you! Here’s what I’d like to know… How long have you been practicing, and how consistently? What are some your greatest obstacles to meditating daily?
Pop over to the FB group and let’s hear it.
To one heck of an inspired month….
PSS. Share what you’re learning! Should you feel inspired, I’ve included share buttons and links in each of the 30-day prompts. Share what you’re committing to for the month! There’s no better accountability than a public commitment. We also want to invite as many awesome souls like you to join us.
See you in The Pause,