Hello, and Welcome! I’m so excited you’ve made this commitment to your well-being for the next 30 days. I’m Kristoffer Carter (everyone calls me KC).
I’ll be your meditation teacher, emcee, and coach.
.You can find my bio here.
THE ROAD RULES FOR
THE 30-DAY CHALLENGE
ARE CRAZY SIMPLE, HOWEVER…
1. Goals for the 30 days:
- Meditate for a minimum of 5 min per day for the first 10 days.
- Then 10 minutes for days 11-20.
- Then 15 min per day for days 21-30
- Never miss a day. If you do, no shame spiral necessary. Just kick off a fresh 30 the next day.
5-10 Minutes per day, minimum. 15 is better. If you already have a practice, I invite you to increase your time investment by 25% per day.
8 RESOURCES CHECKLIST
1. Find your quiet place. Plan the next 30 and beyond. Create (or find) a quiet, sacred place to sit comfortably. Create an altar, or a collection of things that inspire you. Make sure you have a comfy, yet firm chair or a few cushions. Perhaps a light blanket if it gets chilly.
If you’re a regular traveler (like me), throw a travel pack of some photos, or an extra set of beads in your favorite suitcase. Something small that reminds you to meditate wherever you are. Don’t pack candles. They’ll hold you up at TSA and hotels aren’t cool with open flame. 😉
2. Grab and print our 30-Day Meditation Calendar. Use it as a checklist throughout the month.
3. Join the Facebook Group if you haven’t yet. This is where I’ll offer encouragement & support, as well as make announcements for any meet-ups.
4. (Recommended) – Register for the Weekly Group Calls. ($39). Hosted weekly by Kristoffer “KC” Carter, with fellow Challengers from around the globe. Having this additional structure is powerful in deepening your practice, and keeping you connected.
5. Grab the Insight Timer App. It’s available on iOS (iPhone) and Android for free! It used to be $2.99 which is still well worth it. Nah, I’m not trying to sell any apps. In fact, I generally don’t recommend using apps to replace meditation.
7. (Optional) Register for for my Meditation Fundamentals Course. Just $37. Learn more here.
8. Share The Love. If you’re enjoying the Challenge, Please Spread the Love! Download artwork, Facebook Badges, copy + paste love notes, etc. Our mission is to serve everyone.
You’ll hear me say this about 1,000 times: Meditation practice is ALL about consistency, not duration. For those of us who have the consistency down, there’s always ways to lengthen and deepen our practice.
What is crucial is that for however long you’re able to commit every day, you must sit your butt down and do the work. The consistency over the next 30 days is what will forge, or deepen your habit. And yes, I’ll be doing it right alongside you. I typically meditate 60 min every morning, and will be adding 30 min evening meditations this month.
Try not to be so rushed. Don’t just jump up the second your ending bell goes off. Try your best to linger on a minute or two. The monks whom I counsel with on my own practice tell me this is where your consciousness actually expands! You want to savor the benefits of the work you just did, and bask in a little gratitude.
Be patient with yourself. The whole goal is to discover how long you’re able to sit in silence with yourself. That’s easier said than done on many days. Just relax, and trust the process. Keep showing up, no matter what.
[STARTS AT 10:55] KICK-OFF CALL REPLAY
All content © 2019 Kristoffer Carter
To one heck of an inspired month….
PSS. Share what you’re learning! We’ve created a Share The Love Hub. Learn more about how you can get involved. Should you feel inspired, I’ve included share buttons and links in each of the 30-day prompts. Share what you’re committing to for the month! There’s no better accountability than a public commitment. We also want to invite as many awesome souls like you to join us.
See you in The Pause,